Web designing is all in your hands. It can be simple – using the given templates at hand, or you can unleash your creativity and make something truly unique that encompasses both design and functionality in one page.
Per usual, leaning the basics of design is always a good prospect. While some have a knack for putting something truly creative together, knowing what web design entails did no one any harm. Once you get the hang of the system, it then becomes very easy to navigate through and learn more advanced skills.
- Create sites that are well designed.
- Sites should be easily maintained and should be updated.
- Websites should be very efficient. Efficiency here is with respect to responsiveness, accessibility, page load performance etc.
- An exceptional web design goes a long way. It is critical as it helps you stand out and stay way ahead of others.
Some areas of web designing include:
- Web graphic design
- Interface design
- Standardized code and proprietary software
- User experience design
- Search engine optimization. (SEO)
The backend consists mostly of web programming, with most of the developers specializing in PHP, Python, or Ruby. A smooth transition from this stage would be moving into customization with CMS development.